Nikon D60 10.2MP with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S review

 D60 is the upgrade for D40x which I owned previously. The differences between the two are too small to justify upgrading from D40x. If you own D40 and would like more resolution then D60 may fit the bill. For owners of D40x only real advantage is the VR lens, which is probably only slightly better than the non-VR one that comes with D40x (for the zoom range of 18-55mm). Off course not forgetting D-Lighting, which is a very publicized, but I saw no noticeable difference in quality. Using Active D-Lighting allows the camera to take longer to save the images. Might take a few seconds before you can review photos on the LCD.



For those looking for their first DSLR camera, D60 is a great choice. It 'very easy to use and provides excellent images without the need for a lot of technical knowledge. In fact, the pictures I made with my D60 (and D40x) were better and sharper than anyone else in my photography course (with students using anything from compact and semi-pro point and shoot cameras, Canon and XT XTi and Olympus E-510). She has not seen live that I would have liked, because I plan to use a tripod for a lot of my shots. Like its predecessors, has no auto-focus motor in the body, so the selection of the lens is limited, but for a beginner who should not be a problem. It would have been nice to have more speed sync flash, but hey you can not have it all. I have no regrets about buying D60 (I had a bunch of unused gift cards from Christmas so I had to pay a lot from his pocket).


Here's my advice for you: If you are looking for an easy to use DSLR which take excellent photos and can afford it then buy it. I would definitely recommend D60 over D40x (unless you save a couple hundred dollars or more). If you're on a budget then go with the D40, which is an excellent camera and should be even cheaper.

If you buy the camera (or D40), I highly recommend getting 55-200 VR, which is about $ 200. Add that the kit lens and throw in an SB-400 or SB-600 flash and you have a set up that is hard to beat for nearly a grand. D60 is a lot of camera in a small body.

After the camera for a couple of months, I still love it. Produces images as good as or better than the new Canon Xsi and for much less. At about $ 630 for the kit is a large one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment