Nikon D300 review

Before the D300 (and sooner rather than later, the D3) I thought the move to comprehensive devices from Canon. I had seen what the Canon 5D could do with sharpness and color - results that I could not leave my Nikon D200. When Nikon announced the D300 and D3, I was skeptical. The D3 was beautiful, but is out of my price range for now. And the D300 seemed, at best, an improved outcome over the D200.

But I have a lot of money invested in Nikon gear, so I thought I would give the D300 a shot. After all, I could always go back to Amazon for a full refund.

First impression? The D300 is anything but evolutionary - it is a revolution for Nikon, and he is forever banished from Canon thoughts from my mind.

Just shooting around the house, I found that the D300 can render colors, even true-looking, vibrant reds, like nothing less than super-best film Fuji Velvia. Soon I'l Turn It Loose in the Garden of the Gods and see what he can really do. Best of all, the D300 can produce wild colors * and * natural skin tones - in the same plane! I do not understand how this is possible, for jacking up the intensity of a color camera is a disaster for the skin of people. But Nikon has done.

I am especially fond of Nikon's menus and user controls. They are much more intuitive than Canon, at least for me. And although there are a host of new features compared to the D200, I managed to discover them all - and learn them all - without ever cracking open once the user manual. Talk-intuitive!

About these new features ... wow! Multi-level zoom on the back screen, so you'll never be certain that your plans are under discussion or not. The screen itself is huge and offers the highest pixel density LCD screen anywhere. Your pictures is great, even before you get prints made. Dozens of other features with varying degrees of usefulness, I leave you in general more involved you say about these.

What counts for me is colorful, great skin care, and a camera that will not ever distract me from my time, forcing me to think about how * * To make the shot. The D300 delivers on all three counts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment