Nikon D5000 12.3 MP review

Out of the box, my first impression was not the best, the size of the camera and feel more like my D40 entry-level than I expected. Of course there is the mobile LCD screen (which is more useful than I thought) and Live View button, but not much to separate the appearance and feel from the D40 mode.
Then I spent some time setting things up and shooting - and all of a sudden I'm in love with this thing.
- Menus, IMHO, are waaaay better than anything I saw on other Nikons (D40 and D200 main experiment) and making adjustments AUTO ISO in one place, access to the settings info to the screen is really clean and clear LCD is great.
- The performance in high ISO for low light is good enough for my purposes. What you get some noise, but you get the shot - and if you have found the material for the Web and uses simple - it is perfect.

- The LCD Wiggly is useful for reading menus and changing settings of the camera, for example, on your knees. Also useful for odd angle to see what you just shot. I use it more for these purposes that the live view.

So what do I want? The video is not really useful. Zooming without autofocus is not very funny. Moving even a little, creates strange objects in the video-24p SO do not think any part in zoom shots instead. Tripod, focal length basis may be static. I do not know if sw video editing like Final Cut Pro is ready to ingest these video files.

Overall - I really like shooting this camera - and the images are excellent.
I'll try to post some.

0 comments:

Post a Comment