customer d300 review [5]


This is the body that moved me from Canon to Nikon - the dark side. After 25 years and over shooting Canon bodies, the D300 was so tempting, I had to try one. Big Mistake. I tried one in a camera store and the next day, I was selling my Canon gear.
The D300 is infinitely configurable - with 4 banks of stored shooting settings. 51 points of focus, auto-ISO, AF tracking precision. Simply incredible colors. The D300 is the body of the Canon 50D should have been.
One thing: Nikon Canon has not taken when it comes to glass. This can not be overestimated. Unless you're buying $ 2000 each lens Nikon Pro - and these are very, very limited in numbers (at the bottom of the 14-24, 24-70 and 70-200 - $ 200-400 more in 5000) 'll compromise. There are openings per setting targets for Nikon F4 - unlike Canon's offerings. Be absolutely sure you can live with the lenses out there before making the switch.
I researched the heck out of the D300 before you buy - but I made the assumption that the Nikon lens lineup is as good as Canon's lineup. Fortunately, I am not a professional, so you get the most is not so important to me as it could be someone else. On top of that, the pro-Nikon lens lineup of consumer is much more beautiful than the group of Canon consumers. So that the work for my needs.
What would be perfect, of course, the D300 is printed on the front with Canon, Nikon and quality within a EOS mount. Yes, and that the economy of work!
Still and all, your body absolutely the best on the market, period, less than $ 1500. Simply superb. It is often said that the photographer makes the photos and the cameras and lenses are only tools. A good photographer can do a body good market outperform a big body in the hands of a photographer poor. This is true. However, this is a piece of gear that will make any picture better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment