customer d300 review [2]


Now it's safe to say, there are a lot of good reviews for this camera, and might not even have anything new to say, but I'm going to say anyways.

I had the D200 (a wonderful and camera) for about 16 + - months before considering the D300. I wanted the D300, but did not need the D300.

It all started one day when I started planning a trip to Florida ... sort of. I usually go on weekends to try to relax to take pictures. I am new to this, so I spend a lot of time, but no where near enough time, shooting and learning to make the most of the D200. Now I am sure that I am not the camera, but many of my shots were on the Darkside (light - dark), so I was spending a fair amount of time dealing with this in PS, iPhoto and Aperture. This was because I'm color blind, who knows, but it was a problem (for me). In any event, the Nikon D300 was announced and said it was a much better camera (surprise?). Well with my next trip, I decided to see if I could sell my D200, and then get a D300 and cross my fingers.

Well I sold the D200 on a Monday, D300 my new order from B & H Tuesday, understand that here on Friday, got together, tested, loaded into the car, and went to Florida.

Well I took a few pictures on the way down, and read the book in a hurry (my first mistake), then I would be better prepared when I arrived in Florida.

Florida is about a 22-26 hour drive from Maine, and did not give me much time to play or read before my arrival, but I hoped enough. After all it was just an up-grade to a camera that I used for some time.

WOW, I took 25 + - photos in a beautiful park across the street from the hotel I was in, and all images have been wonderful! Wonderful, in the sense that they were not dark, blurry or anything. Yes, I said to myself, I was lucky, the default settings are better suited to my way of shooting the lights better in Florida then in Maine, I just had a good nights sleep ...?

Well I had the camera now for some time, and the rate is 10 times more keepers than he was with the D200. Now, this only means that I'm getting what I consider to be, the best picture, and after all, I am the only one that counts here - right:)

I could ramble for hours about this camera, but I conclude by saying "It 'a wonderful camera, that I am glad I bought real." For me, he made a big difference in the quality of my photos, so for me means, I'll get better, easier, and you use the camera more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment