Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras


Technical Details
  • Engineered for Nikon DX-format digital SLRs - Optical formula optimized for use with Nikon DX-format digital SLRs
  • Aspherical lens element - Minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity
  • Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) - Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare
  • Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) - Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
  • Close focusing to one foot for creative perspectives and versatility

Being a semi-professional self-proclaimed, I am not exactly a pro, but I'm still demanding when it comes to camera hardware (and software for that matter). I mention this because it is the opinion within the appropriate context.

On the ice ...

First, if a goal of $ 199 Nikon comes around I have two thoughts, "Bravo!" and "seems pretty cheap for Nikon." I was skeptical, but for $ 199 and all the great reviews why not give it a shot? Well, I did.

Amazon is torturing me, B & H teased me, and my local camera shops do not exactly allay my fear that it would be months before I could get my hands on one. Set pre-order at all sites mentioned above my local store came through the first (and for the same $ 199 price tag).

I get home, take it out of the box and the first thing that comes to mind is how it is much heavier than some of the kit lenses I picked up. Yes, it is plastic, but the thing has a different level of the quality of the budget other Nikon lenses / consumer. You can read the other reviews on Amazon and other websites for more details, but the fact is that there is a noticeable difference.

I then put the thing on my camera (meant to put on a first filter) and begin to chatter out there, within, and everywhere in between. The pictures are fantastic, the dim light, in particular. The bokeh is not top notch but for anyone but a pro likely that it will be a good compromise is the price tag 199 is a huge selling point here. And make no mistake, the bokeh is not great, I just see better with more (much more) expensive lenses.

So it's hype? Is a sale of $ 199 Nikon lens, is good enough for the most demanding consumers out there? You betcha, this thing is probably the best buy smart and I've done over the last five years. I have three other lenses and I can say without hesitation 35mm F/1.8 AF-S will be on my camera 90% of the time - if not more - from now.

In closing, if you love photography, but can not afford to drop hundreds, even thousands of dollars on nicer lenses, irritated by the fact that photography in low light with the kit lens does not the case, and want to develop is the goal to achieve.

I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment