Nikon 55-200mm f/4 customer review


Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR
[Vibration Reduction] Zoom Nikkor Lens

Ownership of my Nikon back more than 30 years when the cameras were made of metal and an accountant with a few lenses tested your endurance.

Times have changed. There is hardly a camera in metal to be found and you can carry a bag full of equipment in one hand. The Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Zoom Nikkor is the last light from the heavy industry of the camera.

Plastic building into its lens mount. This thing looks and feels like the label must say Fisher Price and not Nikon. However, appearances can be deceptive as I soon discovered.

My only reason to buy this objective was that I needed to fill a void in my bag until I saved enough for a 70-200mm f2.8. I did not intend to keep the 55-200 VR, 70-200 once arrived.

After shooting 55 to 200 for a few months I've come to appreciate what it can do. It is limited to use in a good light because even VR can not change the laws of physics. In this case, it is not even the VR-II underway but that the original VR Nikon developed several years ago.

With adequate lighting and good technique, the 55-200 is capable of very good performance. No, this is not as sharp as the contrast and 70-200. It also does not survive the weather or a few solid blows that business use would expose it.

When 55-200 excels is in its portability and performance above average. Journey To walk it would be hard to beat this target if used within its limits. I use mine on a D80 and have no problem getting excellent 13x19 "prints.

As a bonus, it works very well with the Nikon lens CL3T close double and a macro zoom. Again, this is not a substitute for a real macro zoom like the Nikon 70-180, but it is not intended for.

Since my original review of this objective, I must admit I had a lot more than my money out of him. Instead of selling, I'll keep it and use it when my 70-200 is just big and heavy to carry.

If you're on a budget or just want a lens, Nice light in this range, take a look, the Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR. Like me, you may be surprised what it can do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment